This is our most popular Sodium Metabisulphite (Na2S2O5) – Sodium Metabisulphite Food Grade
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Looking for Sodium Metabisulphite for Analytical Use?
- We supply sodium metabisulphite for analytical use in 1kg containers
- Please contact us for a quote
- We also offer further options with all our products, from customised labelling to specific pack sizes
Chemical and Physical Properties of Sodium Metabisulphite for Analytical Use
- Alternative names: sodium pyrosulphite, sodium disulphite
- Molecular formula: Na2O5S2
- Molecular weight: 190g/mol
- Appearance: white to yellow dry powder with a characteristic sulphur dioxide odour
- Boiling point: decomposes
- Melting point: above 300 degree Fahrenheit it decomposes
- Solubility: soluble in water and glycerol, slightly soluble in alcohol
- Stability: oxidises to sulphate if exposed to water or air
- Decomposition: decomposes to sodium sulphate at high temperatures, releasing sulphur and sodium oxides
- pH: aqueous solutions have acidic properties
How safe is Sodium Metabisulphite?
- Fire hazard: not combustible
- Exposure: Can cause redness and pain if in contact with eyes and skin, and it may result in abdominal pain, vomiting and respiratory difficulties if inhaled or ingested.
- Chemical hazards: this compound can release toxic fumes on decomposition, and reacts violently with oxidants and acids
- First aid measures include immediate washing of affected area with copious amounts of water if in contact with skin or eyes. If inhaled or ingested give patient water to drink and seek medical help.
- In case of fire involving sodium metabisulphite the best option is to use chemical, dry sand or carbon dioxide fire extinguishers. Water should not be applied directly to the flames, but can be used as a distance to control the spread of the fire.
Over 40 Years’ Experience
ReAgent has been established in the market as a chemical supplier for over 40 years, and during that period we’ve built an enviable reputation forhigh-qualityy products and excellent customer service. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually dispatched within 24 hours.
|Appearance||Fine, white crystals|
|Heavy Metals (Pb)||<10||mg/kg|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|