Industrial Methylated Spirits (Denatured Alcohol) 99%
- Product Information
- Hazard Information
- Shipping Statements
Need Industrial Methylated Spirits (Denatured Alcohol) 99%?
Before you can purchase this product from us, you need to register your interest with HM Revenue and Customs. You can use their online form. It does not take long and their staff are very helpful. For your information, this product is usually referred to as Industrial Denatured Alcohol or IDA for short.
- We supply industrial methylated spirits 99% in 2.5L and 25L containers
- MSDS is available to download from our website
- We also offer further options with all our products, including custom packaging and specific pack sizes
How to Handle Methylated Spirits in a Safe Manner
Methylated spirits can be hazardous and therefore safe practices must be in place when handling this chemical:
- As with any combustible fuel, methylated spirits release highly flammable vapours. This chemical must always be handled in an open and well-ventilated area, to avoid inhalation due to excessive accumulation in the air.
- Accidental spillages must be cleaned immediately, to stop the release of vapours which can be toxic.
- This compound should be stored in its original container and tightly closed, away from open flames or sources of ignition. As with any chemical, it should be clearly labelled and kept away from children.
- Methylated spirits produce a flame that is virtually invisible in normal daylight conditions, so staff must be trained to use this compound. Even if no flame can be seen, staff must follow normal safety procedures.
- Protective clothing, including safety goggles and gloves, must be worn at all times.
Need to Contact Us?
If you have any question about our products, simply contact us on 0800 990 3259 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm or via email. A member of staff will be glad to help before, during and after your purchase. All our products come with 100% quality guarantee and are usually shipped within 24 hours.
|Alcohol Content||99.1 - 99.5||% v/v|
|Density @ 20°C||0.791 - 0.794||g/cm³|
|Fixed Acidity (as Acetic Acid)||0.003||% mass|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1485||H319||Causes serious eye irritation.|
|1485||H371||May cause damage to organs .|
|1485||H225||Highly flammable liquid and vapour.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1485||P260||Do not breathe vapour/ spray.|
|1485||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1485||P303+P361+P353||IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower.|
|1485||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|1485||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1485||P337+P313||If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/ attention.|
|1485||P210||Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.|
|1485||P270||Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.|
|1485||P405||Store locked up.|
|1485||P403+P235||Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool.|
|1485||P243||Take precautionary measures against static discharge.|
|1485||P240||Ground/ bond container and receiving equipment.|
|1485||P308+P311||IF exposed or concerned: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor.|
|1485||P370+P378||In case of fire: Use foam, carbon dioxide, dry powder or water fog to extinguish.|
|1.485||ADR/RID Shipping Name||ETHANOL (ETHYL ALCOHOL) or ETHANOL SOLUTION (ETHYL ALCOHOL SOLUTION)|
|1.485||ADR/RID Shipping Class||3|
|1.485||ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|5371||Industrial Methylated Spirits (Denatured Alcohol) 99%||publish||1485||https://www.chemicals.co.uk/uploads/documents/44 - 1485 - SDS10805.pdf|