Hydrochloric Acid 36% (Analytical Use)
- More Information
- Shipping Statements
Why Buy Hydrochloric Acid (Analytical Use)?
- Appearance: Liquid
- Formula: HCR
- Boiling point (°C): Not determined
- Melting point (°C): Not determined
- Relative density: Approx. 1.18 at 20°C
- CAS No.: 7647-01-0
Buy Hydrochloric Acid (Analytical Use) in the UK
ReAgent is a dedicated supplier of hydrochloric acid for analytical use in both 2.5L and 25L containers, with discounts available for bulk orders. Our product assays between 35-37% and minimum levels of impurities, including 5ppm sulphate, 2ppm chlorine, 0.5 ppm iron, 0.02 ppm arsenic, 0.5 ppm lead 0.001% non-volatile matter.
We also offer other options, including customised labelling or specific pack sizes. Contact us for further information, free technical advice, or to simply see what we can do for you.
Uses for Hydrochloric Acid
Analytical grade hydrochloric acid is used in many different applications, including:
- Pickling of steel: Hydrochloric acid can be used to remove iron oxide (rust) from steel or iron before other treatments, including galvanising and extrusion. Usually, an 18% solution is used for this application. The resultant iron(II) chloride (ferrous chloride) can sometimes be re-used, but only if it contains low levels of high heavy metals. To overcome this problem, researchers have developed processes to regenerate hydrochloric acid, including pyrohydrolysis according to the following reaction: FeCl2 4 H2O O2 → 8 HCl 2 Fe2O3
- pH control: Hydrochloric acid can be used to regulate the pH in many different reactions, including treatment of swimming pools; neutralising wastewater and in pharmaceutical solutions.
- Ion exchange resins: Good quality hydrochloric acid can be used to regenerate ion exchange resins. In this case, hydrochloric acid is used to remove cations from the resins, with H replacing Na and Ca2 , for example.
Hydrochloric Acid Safety
Correct precautions must be taken at all times regarding the storage and handling of hydrochloric acid. This chemical is corrosive to the skin and eyes and can also cause respiratory problems such as inflammation or ulceration of the respiratory tract, and/or pulmonary edema.
Please refer to the Material Data Safety sheet provided (MSDS) for full instructions on using and storing analytical grade hydrochloric acid.
|1.18 Specific Gravity|
|Assay||35 - 37||%|
|Maximum Limits of Impurities|
|Non Volatile Matter||<10||ppm|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1207||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|1207||H290||May be corrosive to metals.|
|1207||H335||May cause respiratory irritation.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1207||P260||Do not breathe vapour/ spray.|
|1207||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1207||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|1207||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|1207||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1207||P271||Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.|
|1.207||ADR/RID Shipping Name||HYDROCHLORIC ACID|
|1.207||ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|1.207||ADR/RID Packing Group||II|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|