Ammonia Solution AR 0.89 SG
- More Information
- Shipping Statements
Why Buy Ammonia Solution AR 0.89 SG Online from UK Chemical Suppliers, ReAgent Chemicals?
ReAgent can supply ammonia solution AR 0.89 SG in 1L, 2.5L and 25 L containers. Discounts are available for purchases over 4 items.
We’ve been in the chemical manufacturers market for over 40 years and built an enviable reputation for high-quality products and excellent customer service.
Uses for Ammonia
Ammonia is an extremely popular compound in industry, with many applications from fertilisers to cleaners. Most common uses include:
- Fertiliser: Over 80% of all ammonia produced is to be used in agriculture as a nitrogen source for plants. It can be used in solution or as salts.
- Precursor of N compounds: Ammonia is the most common precursor for many compounds containing nitrogen, such as nitric acid or nitric oxide.
- Cleaner: A solution of ammonia can be used as a general purpose cleaner for many household surfaces. It’s particularly useful to clean glass or stainless steel, as it leaves no streaks. Products used around the house usually range from 5 to 10% concentration.
- Fermentation: Ammonia is used as a source of nitrogen for industrial bacterial fermentation. Solutions use range from 15 to 25% ammonia.
- Antimicrobial: Ammonia is an effective antimicrobial, destroying over 99.9% of bacteria present in food. There have been some concerns about its presence in some food items, but the level of ammonia does not reach toxic levels.
- Refrigerant: It was commonly used before the chlorofluorocarbons, and is now becoming popular once again. It’s starting to be used in industrial refrigeration applications, due to a high efficiency and low cost. However, because it’s a toxic compound its use is restricted in household applications.
- Fuel: Ammonia has been tested in different types of engine, from rocket to internal combustion engines.
- Wool: Ammonia is commonly used to pre-wash wool.
- Woodworking: Ammonia can be used to treat and darken furniture, as it reacts with the natural tannins and causes them to change colour.
A Range of Ammonia Products
Besides ammonia AR 0.89 SG, we also supply many other ammonia-containing products, including LRG and AR specifications, as well as 0.89 and 0.91 SG. Simply contact us if you need help with your order, and a member of our customer service team will be glad to assist.
|Wt/ml @ 15'C|
|Assay||32.5 - 34.5||% w/w|
|BulkCode||Hazard Statement Code||Description|
|1197||H314||Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.|
|1197||H335||May cause respiratory irritation.|
|1197||H400||Very toxic to aquatic life.|
|BulkCode||Precautionary Statement Code||Description|
|1197||P280||Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection.|
|1197||P305+P351+P338||IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.|
|1197||P310||Immediately call a POISON CENTER/ doctor.|
|1197||P501||Dispose of contents/ container in accordance with local regulations.|
|1197||P273||Avoid release to the environment.|
|1197||P302+P352||IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water.|
|1.197||ADR/RID Shipping Name||AMMONIA SOLUTION|
|1.197||ADR/RID Shipping Class||8|
|1.197||ADR/RID Packing Group||III|
The following files are available to download:
|Product ID||Product||post_status||Bulk||Download SDS File|
|3309||Ammonia Solution AR 0.89 SG||publish||1197||https://www.chemicals.ie/uploads/documents/44 - 1197 - SDS11087.pdf|